Reverse tethering on Android phone (through USB and Wifi both methods) allow user to get internet from computer to the phone just opposite of tethering while tethering is easy with the help of various application ,reverse tethering is a little tricky if you what to use on non rooted phone ,people avoid rooting their phone as it
breakthe warranty and a little risky to for a new user.
In this article i will explain reverse tethering , as tethering you can find any where but not reverse tethering, i will explain method which will work on 2 windows OS :Windows XP and on Windows 7.
If you are thinking why try all these stuffs just go for ad-hock network in Windows OS,tell me tell you the Android did not support ad-hock network.
Reverse tethering on :
Since application are not available on android market which make it possible,unless you are ready to root .This method is for phone not having wireless network available.I will be using application not available on android market the method is Port Tunneling as android phones did not have the normal stuffs to make internet sharing easy.
Here is the link which will take you to the complete process on how do to this,it worked fine for few but for those it didn’t try the other method given bellow.(if you don’t get right at first don’t wasting time just try Windows 7 method i suggest). [For Rooted Phone try this link]
Android Usb Port Forwarding for Non Rooted phone.
As XP method did not work for many ,here i will tell you how to make it possible for Windows 7 which is an easy way than any other method:
- Internet connection with Windows 7
- No Need to Root your Phone</b> (as required is most case)
- A WiFi connection (available on laptops for other try WiFi dongle)
- Connectify software.
A WiFi dongle[also called USB Wireless Adaptor] is a pen drive looking device cheap now a days cot less than Rs 1,000 now (650-950 average price).
You can order online if you dint find around you place as online shopping get reliable now days ,purchase for any well know brand: D-Link,LinkSis,Netgare.
- Install connectify if ,you will be promoted to configure for the first time.
- In SSID type the connection name you what to give
- Give password if you what to use secured network
- Now select from the connection you want to share (you present internet connection you are using)
- Select the WiFi network using which you will connect your Android Phone.
- Select encryption :
- a ) “open” if you do not wish to use any password
- b ) “WAP/WEP2” or any encryption from the available drop down.
8. Now switch on your Phone WiFi.
9. Click start HotSpot.
10. Give the password when promoted in the phone.
If you still have trouble check you internet connection or WiFi setting .