Windows 8 have no Start button, we are use to this start button for about 20 years and windows have now removed that feature from its late version of windows.
Despite best effort to replace the Start button with the tiles search its fail to impress a majority of user who still prefer that Start button for speedy access to all the application, previously Windows 7 allow us to just type in the “Search programs and files” and you find it in no time and less keystrokes.
There a number app that will bring back the Start button, menu and hide the charms bar though you can access by moving your cursor to corner of the screen.
Microsoft need to understand that a majority of user still use LCD/ Flat screen and not every one have touch screen device to use Windows 8 Tiles.
We are listing here some of the best Start Button apps/tool those are free to use.
It’s a free open source start menu replacement is a clone of the original Start menu and is customizable with following advance features:
- Customize start menu with multiple style & skins
- Toolbar and status bar for Windows Explorer
- Search box helps to quick find your programs
- Right click on item in menu to delete or rename
- Access recent document in a click
- You can even convert “All Programs “button to Windows menu into cascading menu
You can choose from 3 different style of Start Menu:
Start Menu 8
IObit Start Menu is another free tool similar to windows 7 Start menu specially designed for windows 8 filled with most needed feature it a recommended tool.
- Customizable and easy to use
- Give look and feel for Windows 7
- Fast and easy to Programs and Files
- Top rated by Editors
- Customize individual component of menu change start button graphic image
It is an App store for Windows which offer Start menu for Windows 8.
Like other Start menu Pokkit don’t copy the start menu functionality rather it have different design which most of XP or windows 7 user will not prefer.
People will love it if they are looking for something more than just start button and menu.
- Start menu completely redesigned.
- You get 16 one click favorite app launchers
- Mobile like notification display for email, tweets
- Easy access to frequently used area on system